COMMITMENT TO THE ENVIRONMENT
Here at Keiser we take our environmental stewardship very seriously. We are continually looking for new ways to reduce our Carbon Footprint. Keiser products are made in California, and obey all EPA laws. These are some of the projects we have completed, and the steps we are taking to continue doing our part.
* We have worked with energy providers to replace over 200 lights at corporate headquarters with low energy cfl's. (Savings of 50% energy)
* All of our compressors are variable frequency drive, only producing what is needed. (Savings of 30% energy)
* Our manufacturing plant utilizes a computer system that controls energy usage during high and low demand times.
* The majority of our electronic devices are Energy Star certified.
* Our powder coating wash system recycles the used water instead of releasing it into the public water supply.
* Our center recycles products such as paper goods, glass and aluminum.
* We have upgraded our power supplies for energy efficiency. (Savings of 35%)
* Initial research is being made toward installation of solar panels to decrease energy usage.
In continuation with this effort, Keiser's marketing department is working closely with it's print vendors to ensure that the materials we design for print are produced using high post consumer content papers, low voc or soy based inks, and paper certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. FSC
is an independent, non-governmental, not for profit organization established to promote the responsible management of the world's forests. Products bearing the seal ensure consumers that they came from forests that are meeting the sustainability needs of the present and future generations. Keiser prides itself on making quality products while helping the environment as much as possible.